- Plesk login or Conetix Control Panel details
- WordPress Toolkit enabled
If you are experiencing issues with a plugin or particular WordPress configuration, you can enable the detailed debug logs to capture detailed information to help determine the cause. Traditionally this required manually editing the WordPress configuration file (which we detailed here ), but it has recently been made a simple option within the latest release of the Plesk WordPress Toolkit.
- Login to Plesk (or via the Conetix Control Panel) and select the domain you wish to enable WordPress debugging for.
Under the WordPress tools, click on the name of your WordPress site to go into the WordPress Tools:
On the right hand side under Developer Tools, click on
to the right of the Debugging item:
This will open the options panel for the WordPress debugging. Conetix recommends starting with the basics of logging only first, so as to avoid any disruption or unnecessary overhead. Your options should look like this:
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- When accessing the site and in particular problematic areas of your website, you should see debug level logging saved to your wp-content/debug.log file.