In order to register a second level domains (2LDs) in the .au domain space you need the following requirements.
In order to register a (2LDs) .com.au domain name, you'll need to be eligible. To be eligible, registrants need to fulfil one of the following criteria, being either:
- A company registered in Australia; or
- operating under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian partnership or sole trader; or
- an overseas company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark ; or
- an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian commercial statutory body.
Full details on 2012-04 - Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for the Open 2LDs policy can be found on the AUDA Website .